'503 Service Unavailable response' on rebuilding thumbnails

• When I try to rebuild thumbnails (of few selected images), I get '503 Service Unavailable response' with following error message:

There was an error attempting to run your batch. Try changing the Connection Timeout in Batch Processing Settings to a higher number like 0.1 or 1 to see if that helps. The actual error was: Server error: POST https://schoolers.online/wp-admin/admin-ajax.php?action=ilab_batch_test&nonce=1d7cd0ee7a resulted in a 503 Service Unavailable response:

How to resolve the issue?

Thanks!

• Go into the batch processing settings:

Screenshot of Safari (7-19-19, 11-06-42 PM).png

Set the Connection Timeout setting to like 10 or 15.

Run the troubleshooter tool:

Media Cloud Settings ‹ mediacloud.test — WordPress 2019-07-19 23-08-01.png

If you still get an error, do the following steps in order, running the troubleshooter tool in between steps:

1. Set Timeout to 10 or 15. Run the troubleshooter tool again.
    2. Set Verify SSL to off
    3. Set Skip DNS to on

Now if none of those work, something is setup incorrectly with your server or web server config. You should then set Process in Background to off. When this is off, you can still run the tool, and it'll perform at about the same speed, you just need to leave the browser window open until it's done.

You host on DigitalOcean? Are you using Nginx?

• Thanks for quick response. The 'Troubleshooter' is informing that 'Your WordPress server configuration does not support background processing.' Also, none of the suggestions - either by you in the above reply or by the 'troubleshooter' - is working for me. So now I have disabled background processing.

After background processing, thumbnail rebuilding seems to be working but I am getting to message that it was successful or not. Is that normal?

Thanks!

• Yeah there's no success message, it will just reset the UI to it's initial state.

• @talktomarry said in '503 Service Unavailable response' on rebuilding thumbnails:

I am getting to message that it was successful or not

I am getting No message that it was successful or not

• @jong said in '503 Service Unavailable response' on rebuilding thumbnails:

Yeah there's no success message, it will just reset the UI to it's initial state.

Thanks!