Selective signed/private images

• Firstly, brilliant work on the long awaited release of version 3! Long time supporter, soon to be paying customer 🙂

I do have a question regarding the ability (if even at all possible) to selectively secure/sign certain images from public access while maintaining public-read permissions on others. It's late as I type this so here's hoping it makes sense:

Our site (currently in dev) will support the ability for users to upload images of content which will be made publicly available for the purpose of sales and purchase of these items. In addition, specific users will have a need to verify their identity through the upload of certified copies of their official ID document, which we want to ensure are kept private and only accessible by authenticated users such as Admins.

Now, considering that the upload of these private documents will be done via a standard WP upload function (albeit a dedicated frontend area), I'm struggling to validate whether it's possible to have Media Cloud protect access to images uploaded through this specific area, while maintaining public-read access to all other images uploaded.

Many thanks in advance.