Sync database with cloud storage

• I am in the process of moving a site that has the Basic version on it. There are multiple authors on this site, and in the process of moving new images have been uploaded after the database was dumped (multisite to single site, painful, don't ask ) so now the S3 bucket is out of sync with the database, and the WP import function I used to grab recently published articles did not get all the images correctly. Is there a way to get the database in sync with S3 storage in a way that doesn't duplicate existing image entries?

• @lillibolero

You tried the "Import from Cloud Storage" function in Media Cloud? I think that's a pro only feature, but it will attempt to sync up storage with your media library. Media Cloud tries to make a best guess when importing from cloud storage to prevent duplicates, but there isn't enough information in WordPress to make that entirely foolproof.

Depending on how big your media library is, I'd setup a test dev site and run the import from cloud storage batch tool and see what the results are.